Slated for April 5 – 7
For the first time in 10 years, the Alabama Jewelers Association (AJA) will be hosting its annual convention independent of the Georgia Jewelers Association. “The reason for this change is to provide an upgraded experience that provides exclusivity and travel convenience to the jewelers in Alabama,” said AJA Executive Director Nancy Dawkins. This year’s convention will be hosted at the Wynfrey Hotel in Birmingham from April 5th - 7th. “2019 is a New Year for the AJA and we hope you will embrace the changes with us for a rejuvenated experience,” Dawkins added.
The convention promises to provide a mix of eduction opportunities, networking and lots of fun.
• Sunday Education - Gary Woods, owner of Southern Jewelers Services, will present a seminar about your repair department. Woods, an industry veteran with 39 years experience at the bench, will discuss why we should be doing more repair work, how to increase repair volume and how to use your repair shop to generate more sales.
Kathy Grenier will speak on the principles of success and profit with pearls in today’s market. Grenier is a 30-year veteran of the luxury goods industry. She has worked as a retail management executive, jewelry and watch buyer, and wholesale sales manager. Currently she is the vice president of business development for Imperial Pearl and a part-time PR and marketing director for the Cultured Pearl Association of America.
Deb Hiss, G.G., is the director of training for Pure Grown Diamonds, grower of “above earth” diamonds. An enthusiastic, effective trainer and public speaker with a focus on improving sales performance, Hiss has 35 years of experience developing and delivering training programs, writing informative articles, speaking at industry events and consulting. She has held positions at Lazare Kaplan, Hearts On Fire and GIA.
To provide maximum benefit from the seminars, the AJA is offering Sunday only registration for your staff members for only $40 per person. Sunday registration also includes the Past Presidents Luncheon, goodie bags, door prizes and snacks.
• Annual Jewelry Design Competition - The AJA invites you to enter their Annual Jewelry Design Competition to be held Sunday, April 7. AJA members and their employees are invited to submit original designs in several categories (call 205-526-5710 or visit www.alabamajewelers.us for more information and an application). Entries will be displayed at the Sunday Past Presidents Luncheon where the voting will take place and winners announced.
• Hospitality Suite - Join the AJA Friday, April 5, 4:00 - 10:00 pm in the Hospitality Suite to pick up your weekend information packets, eat, drink and get to know your fellow jewelers.
• Cocktail Reception and Banquet will be held Saturday evening.
• Additional activities include the Annual Golf Tournament, Jewelers for Children Texas Hold ‘Em Poker Tournament and Past Presidents Luncheon.
For more information, to register or book you room visit the AJA’s new website at www.AlabamaJewelers.us or call 205-526-5710.